14 February 2014

New LX200 10" ACF Scope!

After years of using a 5" Newton F/5 Perl Vixen running on a SuperPolaris mount, I recently upgraded and acquired a second hand Meade LX200 10" ACF OTA powered by an EQ6 SynScan mount. Here are the 2 scopes.



I'm really pleased with the new scope. It came with a dew shield, the 8x50 finder scope, a Meade #1209 Zero Image Shift microfocuser, a 0.63 foc

The EQ6 came with an extended dual saddle for increased stability, a pied for permanent observatory setup, the Synscan handheld controller and a GPS SynScan module

From there, I've acquired 2 eyepieces, a 10mm Delos and a 40mm SWA. I also upgraded the diagonal to a 2" Quartz Dieletric Start Diagonal from William Optics.

For DSLR imaging, I've also acquired a WO prime focus T2 camera adaptor.

I'm now in the process of discovering this new scope which offers plenty of possibilities for years to come. One of my goals is to have it set up on a pier in the garden in a permanent observatory, but first I want to get a handle on remotely controlling the mount and camera for deeksky imaging by leveraging the fantastic work of the EQ6 community: the EQMOD project. I'm also going to venture into software to remotely control my Canon EOS 500d for imaging runs

In future posts, I'll be covering in details this journey!

No comments: