28 February 2012

ISS and Space shuttle Discovery

I was looking forward to the last flight of space shuttle Discovery and was hoping to catch it. I discovered that it would pass over London about 20 min before docking with the ISS, so the chances of having both in the field of view of my telescope were good. At 18:36GMT, the tandem rose over London as the cloud cover started to thin out. It was looking like a single brightening star. But through the finder of my scope I could distinguish 2 dots. Frantically taking as many pictures as my camera could, I was manually tracking the tandem, hoping that a few shots would be good enough. Well it was!!! scope: 130mm/720mm newton, 20mm eyepiece, canon EOS 550D, 1/250s at 1600 ISO

The picture was features twice in spaceweather.com (here and here) on Feb 27, 2011



No comments: