03 November 2008

Day 5 - Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Day 5 was fantastic because they started telling us about when Theo might come out. The timeline was based on his ability to feed at least every 4 hours.

Looking at the progress he was making, we started planning for him to come out Wednesday for his first week birthday!

Georgia is becoming more expert at breastfeeding. Theo and her seemed to have done it all their life. We heard stories where it takes days to weeks to adjust but with Theo, this is pretty much established practice after day 1!

I came home early on Monday after saying hi to Theo because we had the carpet getting installed in our new loft. It was supposed to be done the day Theo was born!.

As one of my friends rightfully said, when you are in your beyond your twenties, there aren't so many first times. Maybe once a week if you are lucky, once a month otherwise...

But with a baby, you reenter the world of "first times" many times a day. This is so magic.

So for Day 5, my first times were:
-first time I left Theo and wasn't going to see him for an entire day
-first time he grinned to me

Monday, I spent the day catching up with things at home and started getting ready for my investor meeting the next morning. The team had done a fantastic job of preparing the content and so I just had to finalize it.

Around noon, flowers were delivered from my previous company, Tideway. Thanks a lot, they look amazing and made Georgia feel very welcomed when she came home.

By 7pm I wend back to the hospital to see Theo for the evening and came home around midnight...


Made with Slideshow Embed Tool

No comments: